AMP DA SILVA PAINTING AND DECORATING: Terms & Conditions
Due to the nature of the works, all specifications and estimations are calculated based on face value and clients guidance only and are subject to change should extra work and materials be required when work commences. AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd cannot be held liable for the instructions and final decision given by the customer.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
All balances are due upon completion of work. Where required 35% of the estimation/quotation will be expected before work commences to cover materials and start labour.
Legal notice: Unless otherwise agreed to in writing prior to start-up of work, payments received later than 48 hours from date of completion are levied a service charge of up to 8% per day/week or month and added to balance total until such time the balance is paid in full and final settlement. To ensure such charges are not applied please pay promptly. Prices are subject to change should any amendments or additions come into place thereafter. Cash or Personal Cheque with Bankers Card, Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
Administration charges for chase of payment: £25 per bounced cheque and per letter apply. Should bounced cheque payment not be paid within 7 days of the bounced cheque then the 8% late payment charge will apply until payment is made in full.
Disclaimer notice: Work to be done as specified, in a professional manner, to normally accepted industry standards. Not responsible for acts of god, unavailable materials, work stoppages, riots, mischief, or thefts; which are outside the control of AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd.
Mould/fungus is a naturally occurring organism that we as the contractor have no control over; AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd will not be liable for recurrence/growth of any form or type of mould/fungi.
By accepting the estimation/quotation and/or AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd workers entry to site the customer agrees to the rates and estimation of works and these terms and conditions.
a) Access to the job site:
Customer agrees and understands that access to the job site must be provided for the duration of work. If at any time access is not available to AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd for any reason, the customer agrees to reimburse AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd for expenses incurred for travel and lost time at the rate of £25.00 per man-hour, and £0.45p per mile per vehicle.
b) Customer responsibilities:
1. Unless otherwise agreed, customers will assume responsibility to remove from any and all work areas, all household and personal items (with the exception of large furniture such as sofas and beds), and store those items away from the work area during the duration of the job. AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd will not be held liable for damage to any items not removed from the work area. Any and all items remaining in the work area will be moved by AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd and the customer agrees to pay AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd a chargeof £25.00 per man-hour for moving these items. AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd will move large furniture at no cost to the owner (unless specified otherwise). AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd will not be held liable for any damage caused by moving any items.
2. Due to insurance regulations and safety procedures, the customer, AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd workers, children, pets, and individuals will not enter the work area unless agreed upon by both AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd and the customer. If AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd workers, children, pets, or individuals are to be present, at any time, whilst the duration of the scope of works are carried out, the customer shall not schedule or permit such activities that will interfere with or prevent the timely and successful completion of the work. AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd shall not be held liable for any damage caused to its work by anyone other than AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd and its employees. The customer agrees to compensate AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd at the rate of £25.00 per man-hour to correct all such damage.
3. Insurance jobs. For customers that are making a claim via their insurance company it is their responsibility to ensure they have had the go ahead from the insurance company for the work quoted before instructing AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd to start the work. Unless otherwise stated in writing the contract is between AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd
and the customer, if money is found outstanding to AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd then it will be the customer that is held liable.
c) Extra costs/change orders:
1. This contract may only be changed in writing. Additional work and out of hours work performed is to be an extra charge, above the total price stated within the scope of this agreement.
2. If AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd arrives on the agreed upon date, at the agreed upon time, and is unable to complete the contracted work due to circumstances beyond our control (such as inability to enter the worksite; other contractors being late with their portion of the job; or any other reason not directly the fault of the AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd, a £250.00 minimum charge shall apply. If the job is partially completed, another appointment for completion shall also bear a minimum £200.00 charge. This charge may be avoided by giving confirmed notice at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. ‘Confirmed’ notice shall be understood to be either a live conversation with AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd or a return message from AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd if you left a message.
The customer authorises AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd to display a sign for the duration of the job, and to use photographs taken at the job site for display, promotion, and advertising, without compensation to the customer. This section will be void if not allowed by covenants or restrictions.
d) Inspection of completed work:
Upon substantial completion of work, the customer agrees to conduct an inspection of the work with AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd. All defects and uncompleted items should be noted at this time. The inspection must occur under normal lighting conditions, without magnification, and from a normal viewing position, in accordance with the industry standards.
g) Manufacturers specifications:
All materials will be applied and/or in installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
h) Industry standards:
All surface preparation, coating application, and/or installation shall meet or exceed industry standards. AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd are experienced, professional contractors who will ensure that elements of the job will meet or exceed normal accepted practices in the industry.
AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd warrants that all materials will be of standard or above quality and are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Customer shall make warranty claims immediately upon discovering defect or performance problem. In the event that the substrate or any prior coating falls beneath what AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd has installed and/or applied, AMP da Silva Painting and Decorating Ltd will not be held liable for the failure of the substrate or any coating.
Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus VAT to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
Failure to comply with the terms, conditions, and payment schedule of this agreement will void all warranties.
AMP da Silva Painting & Decorating Ltd